November 4-5, 2019 Houston, Texas
Oilfield chemicals, viscosity modifiers, inhibitors, polymers and surfactants for the upstream industry are of high interest especially with challenging environments and technology needs of unconventional oil and gas resource projects. Cost-effectiveness is a must. Hydraulic fracturing with the use of smart fluids and proppants is important for high production yield in onshore shale oil & gas projects. Corrosion and scaling inhibitor action can be complicated by different non-synergistic actions of other additives. Other challenges in flow assurance include asphaltene, paraffin, and gas hydrate control. New polymer thermoset and elastomer compositions and methods enable preservation of assets, and long-term performance and durability under HPHT conditions. The use of nanotechnology is becoming more of a commercial possibility. This knowledge-builder workshop is designed for chemists, R&D practitioners, engineering services, technical managers, chemical suppliers, oil-field services, and analytical services.
Initial Program with special topics speakers to be announce soon:
Day 1 - Smart Chemistry
Introduction and PETRO Case
Smart Fluids in the Oilfield
Basics of Oilfield Chemistry
Colloids, Emulsions, and Interfacial Science Introduction
Chemical Additives and other Oilfield Chemicals Supply Chain
Nanotechnology for Oilfield Chemistry
Proppants and Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids
Demulsification and Multi-phase behavior
Well-Stimulation and EOR
Flow Assurance Chemicals
Environmentally Friendly Fluids
Day 2 - Smart Polymer Materials
Smart Polymers for HPHT
Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites
Elastomers and Thermosets for downhole applications
Pipes and Non-metallics, Liners Program
Rheology and processing Introduction
Polymers and Additives for Cements
Corrosion, Asset Integrity Management and Monitoring
Standards and Testing
Characterization and Analytical Methods
Standardized Testing Methods
END OF WORKSHOP
- Oilfield Chemistries
- Corrosion and Scaling mitigation programs: Asset integrity
- Flow assurance problems and asset integrity management.
- High performance additives and polymer materials defined: acidic and corrosive conditions.
- Standards testing for HTHP and high brine conditions.
- Principles of chemical product engineering and development relevant to the oil-gas industry.
- Training combined with Workshop
- Speakers from oil & gas companies, chemical companies, testing and instrument companies.
- Networking opportunities.
- Chemical supply chain identification and commercial sources
- New formulations, chemical starting materials and precursors
- New instrumentation and high-throughput synthesis and analytical methods.
This will be a two-day training event that will draw participants from industry and academia.
Certificate of Completion, Question and Answer Sessions, Networking Opportunities and New Instrumentation and Products
Registration is Limited ONLY TO 75 participants per day
Early Bird and Block registration discount (for group of 5 or more). Academics get a discount. Please contact organizer for details.
Master Instructor and Co-Organizer:
Prof. Rigoberto Advincula, Case Western Reserve University
Department of Macromolecular Science and Engineering